Keeping your smile healthy begins with eating healthy. If you would like to keep your smile safe, here are some oral health care tips to protect your smile from a bad diet:
– Products that are already highly acidic are capable of eroding the tooth enamel and should be limited or avoided altogether.
– Never eat acidic products as snacks, but instead add them to bigger meals to help neutralize the acids.
– Sticky and chewy foods can be harmful to your oral health because they linger long after mealtime. The longer substances are in contact with your teeth and gums, the longer tooth decay and gum disease can develop.
– Sugary foods and foods high in carbohydrates are bad for your health and your smile. Avoid sugary sweets and treats, as they can be changed into harmful acids in your mouth that cause dental erosion.
– Take care when biting into any foods or substances that may seem tough or hard, as they are more than capable of breaking teeth.
No matter the oral health care treatment you desire, Dr. Leila Ebrahimpoor and our team at Skyline Dental Associates are here to give you the smile you want. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our office in Ottawa, ON, please contact us at (613) 226-4562 to speak with a member of our team. We look forward to improving your smile!